Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Well, the excitement's almost too much to bear!

Look, look, look at the bottom of the page! I've managed to get a hit-counter installed. And not only that, but I've also posted a picture on eBay of something I want to sell. And, after India kindly pointed out that my blog was on California time, I managed to correct that too. I'm a real technobunny, me.

I got so excited that I ate a hardboiled egg. It's just one thrill after another in this life of mine.

I didn't get much creative work done today, mostly technical (see above) and admin. Still, into each life some such stuff shall fall. But my friend Irena pointed out that I can type really fast without looking at the keys, which I never think of as much of an accomplishment, seeing as I've been doing it for, erm, 35 years, but at least it proves I can do something with a computer other than stare blankly at the screen wondering if I dare touch anything.

Tomorrow is going to be my first attempt at felting. I want to make some bags to take to fairs, so we'll just see how that goes. Could end up with a very fuzzy washing machine.

Oh yes, I did have a few text exchanges and phone chats with the new young man in my life. When I say young, I do mean young, as in 14 years younger than I am, but at least he's of legal age (and then some), employed, solvent, and extremely interested so I'm hardly going to tell him to get lost without exploring the situation.

So, maybe my life doesn't consist totally of mundanities.

Love to all and to all a good night,

Nance

5 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Guess we'd all like to be on California time :0) My clock is all over the place at the moment - as you can see by the time of this posting. At least I can get some knitting done! Can't wait to hear about t his new man on the 10th - you know we won't pry (too much)
India x

2:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy ! I saw the address of your blog on the Rowan forum this morning and wanted to wish you all the best for your new adventure. I'll visit you often to see how you are doing - you make me feel like setting up a blog myself. If I do, I'll let you know. I hope we'll soon have pictures of your creations...

10:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy I'm so pleased you're in blogland. Good luck with the felting and hopefully you'll soon be posting those pictures on the blog.
Love
Helen.

11:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I can comment now!
Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get round to it. All the best, Anne

1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God we nonbloggers(technoidiots) can comment now. Really, when you think about it, why would you prefer an older man? As my best friend says, they look so old! Sh.... don't tell my older husband I said that.

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counter