Sunday, February 25, 2007

I Can't Believe I Forgot to Blog for Over a Year!

What an oversight - I knew there was something I was forgetting to do. But after I sold off several hundred bags of wool on eBay, I was afraid I was getting carried away and didn't want to accidentally sell everything I own. So I rejoined the world of going out to work and temped for a few weeks until I found a job I was happy with, and I've been working at a world famous hospital since last June. World famous though it may be, if you didn't know what you were wandering into, you'd probably think it was a rather shabby factory, with a lovely duck pond in the middle, home to a couple of very bossy black swans ruling the roost. That male swan is clearly just itching for an ASBO (anti-social behaviour order), he's such a bully, and just won't stop chasing around the gorgeous little black and white tufted ducks.

But now I've decided that after 15 years in southern England, the time has come to move back to Maritime Canada. I've set the end of July as my target departure date and just have to organise a few things like getting rid of everything that I don't feel like paying shipping costs for and then packing up my remaining worldly possessions and sending them off on their voyage to the Colonies. I thought I was giving myself lots of time by setting a time several months in the future, but now that people realise I'm leaving town, suddenly my social calendar, long renowned for its empty pages, is filling up like - well, I was going to say a brothel on payday, but I don't want to give the wrong impression. Suffice it to say that either people are suddenly realising that they're going to miss me, or else they're angling for an invitation to New Brunswick.

Anyway, I'll try to be a good girl and keep this up to date, so thanks for dropping by and if I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll treat you to the sight of me tearing my hair out while trying to get myself ready to move.

Love,
Nance

3 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Keep us up to date with your adventures,
India

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nance,
It is lovely to hear what you are up to, so keep posting!

9:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all's well with you and yours, wherever you are now.
Anne

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counter