Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Well, here we are. The things that didn't get done remain undone, but that just leaves us with fodder for our New Year's resolutions cogitations. The main thing is that we're here, it's Christmas and I hope it will be a day of peace and love for all of you, the modern equivalent of imaginary friends.

Matthew (who is unbelievably understanding about the state of my house and who has not once crept off to his room to adopt the foetal position) was far too fond of the seafood lasagna for my liking, but otherwise is a model houseguest.

We went to the midnight service at my church last night. It was a lovely service, and the church looked beautiful, with dozens of chunky candles set amidst pine boughs, and we didn't have to use the fire extinguishers once. We sat with my ex-husband, which was really nice - Barry and I still have the capacity to giggle like children about nothing when we're together - and my other ex, David, was there as well, and his 17-year-old son Alex wants the three of us to get together soon, so it will be lovely to see him. He's a fantastic boy and we get along like a house afire.

Matthew's still asleep, and I'm trying not to make any noise, so I haven't yet wrestled with the turkey but that's always good for a laugh, and I do love cooking Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas, one and all, I wish you all the day you desire, which, for most of us, will involve some quality knitting time. We are blessed.

Love,
Nance xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counter