Sunday, December 18, 2005

Countdown to Christmas

Whoopeee! I've done my last craft fair for the year, my items are bubbling away nicely on eBay and now I can, at last, start knitting whatever I darn well please. I've spent the evening by the log fire watching telly and playing with some lovely blue Jaeger Chamonix. I have a Chamonix pullover that I got at the Rowan Mill in Holmfirth for a fraction of what the wool would have cost, never mind the time of the darling woman who knitted it, and it's the warmest, softest, comfiest sweater I've ever had. So when I saw some Chamonix in one of my favourite shades at a Liberty sale, I leapt on it and now that the frost is lying heavy these mornings, it seems the perfect time to make a nice cozy jacket.

Oh, yes, I'm back from Vienna. I had a really lovely time there, and I understand why my Mom loved the place so much. The architecture is great, the people have lovely manners, the music is fantastic, and the coffee houses and chocolate - well, I could easily live in the coffee houses, nibbling on chocolate while sipping the best coffee I've ever had, and I'm a coffee fanatic.

I'd best get off to bed, as tomorrow morning is the final production of the Festive Farce at the unseemly hour of 8:30 am. I usually don't get out of bed till 9, and often wear my pyjamas till noon, so this is going to be quite a stretch for me. But, I can hardly disappoint this particular crowd of the extremely elderly, as several of them are my dear friends, so I'd best take a hammer to bed with me, so as to hit myself over the head repeatedly until I pass out, otherwise I'll be awake till my usual 2 am.

Good evening, friends.

Love,
Nance x

2 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Glad you had a good trip - spot any yarn shops?

7:13 pm  
Blogger Nance said...

No, I didn't find any yarn shops at all but I did find a wonderful shop selling beads from Afghanistan, so I stocked up on turquoise and amber. It's going to be a fun Christmas break seeing what I can do with them.

Love,
Nance

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counter