Friday, December 23, 2005

Yippeeee!

Hey everybody, I've found the spare room bed - there it was, in the spare room! It's just that I couldn't get to the spare room because of all the - erm, wool in the wool room that you have to go through to get there. But now there's a clear pathway through, and I am determined that next week, after Matthew goes, I'm going to sort that sucker out! The wool room, not Matthew, I hasten to add.

Hi Gill, thanks for your encouragement. £200?!?!?!?!?! I don't think so! I cheated and bought a lovely plump Bernard Matthews turkey a month ago when they were half price - £9!!!!!! Now all I have to do is remember to get it out of the freezer tomorrow. I'd always gone to the local butcher, from whom I always got perfectly wonderful juicy turkeys, but he'd butcher my bank account as well.

I almost bought a roast of beef half price last evening, but then I remembered that there are, after all, only two of us, and Matthew's only here till Tuesday, so I'm sure we can fill in any holes in the menu with pasta and bacon sarnies. My favourite thing for Christmas Eve dinner is seafood lasagna, so if I'm really lucky, there'll be lots left over for me after Matthew leaves. That's one thing I love about living alone - when I make one of my favourite dishes, it lasts several days.

So, I've made some headway, and Matthew has a lovely uncluttered room to hide in when the rest of the house gets to be too much for him. I still have loads to do downstairs, but I just had to stop for a cold drink and catch my breath.

Okay, back into the fray!!!!

Love,
Nance xx

2 Comments:

Blogger Twelfthknit said...

Yeh, I'm glad I was siting down when I got the quote for 6 pieces of Organic Fillet Beef (Mini boeuf en croute in the making) from the supplier I usually use. Thankfully it was a little cheaper - I'll be living on my son's staple uni meal for the rest of the hols - cold tomato soup and pasta..

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Nancy. I've loved your new blog. We are economising with homemade soup, between expensive Christmas dinners. The children look at it and ask if we are on an economy drive,AGAIN? Their father genuinely likes it, so we don't trouble his pretty head with our overspending.

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Counter